If you’ve been hearing more and more about the benefits of buying an air purifier, you may be wondering what all the talk of “HEPA filters” and “air cleaners” is all about. And, ultimately, you might be asking yourself “do I need an air purifier in my home?”
Without further ado, here are some answers to that question.
This is Why You Need an Air Purifier in Your Home
Actually, there is a single, two-word answer to the question: health benefits.
The main reason for cleansing the air is to minimize any health problems you might suffer due to fine particles. For instance, dust, smoke, pet dander and other airborne pollutants, may be in the air in your home.
Here are some specific reasons that air purifiers are worth your consideration.
- Reduce Allergy Triggers – While all air purifiers will reduce some airborne allergens, many are designed specifically for allergy relief. They are often equipped with more than one filter, including HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters.
- Lower the Incidence and Severity of Asthma – Air purifiers, particularly those designed to address odours and chemicals in your home’s air, will help mitigate asthma symptoms.
- For Respiratory Conditions – In addition to allergies and asthma, air purifiers will reduce smoke, fireplace soot and other fine particulates. These fine particulates can exacerbate other respiratory conditions.
- Less Pet Dander & Hair – In addition to it being a trigger for allergies and asthma, pet dander and hair can contribute to odours in the home. But, you can reduce them with an air purifier.
- Keep Your Home Cleaner – If you find that you are constantly dusting around the house, you’ll be amazed at how much less dusting you can do. It is simply by using the right air purifier for your home.
To find out more about keeping the air in your home cleaner, check out our article “What Is Furnace Duct Cleaning & Is It Worth Doing For Your Home?”.